A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
A 16-bit post-graduate adventure! In this cynical RPG, pass your classes, conduct research, and try to avoid getting into too much debt while you work toward your PhD. Will you become a tenured professor or be forced to drop out?
This is the complete, unrestricted game - no ads, no in-app purchases.
* Every semester, you'll need funding. You can apply for a teaching or research assistantship (which takes time, and you might not succeed), use money you saved from earlier, or take out loans.
* You'll need to come up with a semester plan. You can complete research (make progress toward your dissertation), take courses (increase stats), work at a part-time job (earn some extra money), or rest.
* Choose how many dice to roll for each task. The more you roll, the more likely you'll succeed. Get plenty of rest and don't attempt too many tasks at once or you won't have enough dice to go around.
* Once your progress gets to 100%, you can defend your dissertation. Once you graduate, you'll be able to apply for professor positions.
* At any point, you can choose to drop out. Don't feel bad! Roughly half of doctoral students don't end up finishing their degree.
Click download now to get access to the following files: